But its proud years slowly passed and especially from 1990 onwards the competition from low-wage countries started to take its toll and finally led to more and more dismissals.
The company had to file for bankruptcy in 1994 and was erased from the trade register 1996.
In the nineteenth century, the potteries often included the word
The company itself - with an impressive number of twelve large kilns - was one of the top players in the porcelain industry, setting standards in quality assurance and investment strategies, a point that should pay off later as it helped the company recover after the war.
During the second world war, the facility was nearly completely destroyed and the former impressive workforce was shattered.
The next years were relatively eventless and the workforce count for 1913, like 1906, showed a number of 600 employees.
By 1930 the number had increased to 700, only to drop back down to 650 in 1937.
In some areas like decoration styles, the company started to cooperate with others like the ⇒Porzellanfabrik Königszelt A. in Silesia, which resulted in a constant technology transfer between both companies - the best known would be the 'Indisch Blau' decoration style.
Based on the high quality standards, company reputation literally exploded.
Constantly expanding, the company merged with the ⇒Gareis, Kühnl & Cie. This merger resulted in a total workforce of a thousand employees and a name change, proudly hinting that it was now the only company in Waldsassen.
After the merger, the company increased their position on the market, soon to be rewarded by reaching rank number six of all German porcelain manufacturers.
First items had been produced again from 1947 onwards, but these were only cheap and basic products to cover the demand in shattered Germany.